23rd February 2010
Best Value, Better Care – Commissioning Epilepsy Services
Time: 9.30am to 4.30pm
Venue: Holiday Inn, London Kensington Forum
The Department of Health, UCB Pharma and the Joint Epilepsy Council invite you to Best Value, Better Care – Commissioning Epilepsy Services. This event is a key opportunity for commissioners and clinicians of epilepsy services to come together to find out how commissioning high quality services can make a very real difference to the thousands of children and adults living with epilepsy.
Speakers at the event, to be chaired by Earl Howe, Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Epilepsy, include:
• Ann Keen, Parliamentary under Secretary of State for Health
• Karen Deacon, Chair of the Joint Epilepsy Council
• Helen Doyle and Sally Gomershall, both living with epilepsy
• Anna Walker, former Chief Executive Health Care Commission
• Professor Ann Jacoby, the cost of treatment
• Simon Rowe, Commissioner for Epilepsy Services
• Professors John Duncan, Helen Cross, Mike Kerr, Ray Tallis; an overview of services for children and young people, for adults, for people with learning disability and for older people
• Professor Fiona Irvine, the role of the specialist nurse, the national audit and audit tool
Coffee breaks and lunchtime will provide an excellent chance to talk to voluntary sector organisations in the market place and to network.
Who should attend?
• PCT Commissioners of epilepsy services for children, young people and adults
• Healthcare professionals working with people with epilepsy – GP’s, neurologists, specialist nurses
• Third sector organisations for people living with epilepsy
• Expert Patient Programme managers
• SHA leads for long term conditions
How to book your place at this free event:
To book you place at this event please register here and fill in your details
If you have any questions about this event, or need help with booking your place, please contact the event administrator, Tom Loader on 0207 972 3049 or email email@example.com