12th August 2010
Best value, better care - commissioning epilepsy services presentations
The Department of Health, UCB Pharma and the Joint Epilepsy Council hosted an event on commissioning epilepsy services on 23 February 2010 at the Holiday Inn, London Kensington Forum.
This was a key opportunity for clinicians and commissioners of epilepsy services to come together to find out how commissioning high quality services can make a very real difference to the thousands of children and adults living with epilepsy.
The conference was aimed at:
- PCT Commissioners of epilepsy services for children, young people and adults
- Healthcare professionals working with people with epilepsy – GP’s, neurologists, specialist nurses
- Third sector organisations for people living with epilepsy
- Expert Patient Programme managers
- SHA leads for long term conditions
Download the presentations from the day.
Download the edited transcripts from the conference.
A document that will assist commissioners in developing a business case for a high quality epilepsy service will also soon be added to the website.
(Source – The Long Term Conditions Community)