About Policy Group
The Neurological Alliance holds quarterly Policy Group meetings, which bring together representatives from full and affiliate member organisations to input and feedback on the Alliance’s policy work. You can read the terms of reference here. The policy group:
- makes recommendations to Alliance Trustees on Alliance policy and activity, ensuring that these reflect the needs and objectives of its member organisations;
- builds collective ownership of the Alliance beyond staff and Trustees and to promote team-working across the member organisations;
- provides a forum for policy and campaigns staff of member organisations to share information and provide mutual support;
- ensures alignment between member organisations’ priorities and the collective needs of the Alliance; and
- ensures that all member organisations, large and small, can contribute to the work of the Alliance.
Policy group also has a role in helping to devise and oversee the Alliance’s outputs, including policy statements, the Alliance’s workplan; campaign activities, and any Alliance manifestos.
The Group elects its own Chair(s) and Vice-Chair(s) each with tenure of up to two years. The Chair(s) and Vice Chair(s) make up The Neurological Alliance Policy Steering Group. Current post holders are listed below.
Policy group membership
Membership of the Group is open to all full and affiliate member organisations of The Neurological Alliance. Smaller organisations are particularly encouraged to participate. Each organisation can send a delegate, ideally a policy or campaigns specialist or a staff member, Trustee or volunteer with responsibility for policy or campaigning work. Group members unable to attend meetings can contribute in advance by e-mail or (where facilities allow) join by teleconference.
Policy steering group
Co-Chair – Fredi Cavander-Attwood, Policy Manager for Health and Care, MS Society
Co-Chair – Sammy Ashby, Deputy Chief Executive, SUDEP Action
Vice Chair – Vacant
Vice Chair – Vacant
See also: POLICY SUBGROUPS