NEUROFEST 2020 PROGRAMME:
Our virtual festival will provide members with the opportunity to discuss *the* key issues of the day, starting with an urgent debate about remote consultations on 11th November and culminating in Prof Stephen Powis’ keynote address at our AGM on 18th November.
It is a chance for us to come together online to share our collective experience coming through Covid-19 and to imagine the future.
- Wednesday 11 November, 09:00 – 10:00: Urgent debate on the use of remote consultations in neurology, featuring two teams going head to head to discuss the motion ““This House believes 80% of neurology outpatient appointments could be delivered by phone or videoconference”. Find out more and register here. Registrations now closed
- Thursday 12 November, 14.00 – 15.00 Race, ethnicity and access to neurological services. We will have an opportunity to discuss current evidence about if and how race and ethnicity impacts access to and experience of neurological services. In particular, we will hear from Andrew Lynch, EDI lead at the Walton Centre, about how he ensures the Walton is planning and providing care with equality, diversity and inclusion at its heart. Further speakers will be announced. Find out more and register here. Registrations now closed
- Friday 13 November, 10:00 – 11:00: *Members choice* – Rehabilitation. We will discuss the impact of COVID-19 on rehab, and what needs to change as we enter the second wave. Find out more and register here. Open to members only. Registrations now closed
- Monday 16 November: 10:00 – 11:00 *Members choice* – Fundraising in a Covid era. Find out more and register here. Open to members only.Registrations now closed
- Monday 16 November:15.00 – 16.00 Assessing need for neurological services. Find out more and register here. Open to all. Registrations now closed
- Tuesday 17th November, 10:00 – 11:00 Campaigning for Neuro as part of NHS Restart. Find out more and register here. Open to all. Please book before 5pm on Monday 16th November
- Wednesday 18 November, 10:00 – 12:00: Annual General Meeting. The meeting will feature a keynote speech from Professor Stephen Powis, National Medical Director, NHS England and NHS Improvement. This event is limited to our full and affiliate members only. Find out more here.