Our recent achievements include:
- We have successfully campaigned for national leadership and improved data: The National Neuro Advisory Group (NNAG) and Neurology Intelligence Collaborative (NIC) were set up as a direct result of our campaigns and convening power. Leadership and data/intelligence are important as they are key levers that have driven improvement in other disease areas.
- These national leadership forums are starting to drive improvement in neurology: NHS England is undertaking a transformation programme on specialised neurosciences, Getting it Right First Time is undertaking a neurology programme, RightCare has prioritised a number of neurology toolkits, the Elective Care Transformation Programme has undertaken a neurology project and a national project is underway to improve neurology outpatient data.
- Our biennial National Neurology Patient Experience Survey is a trusted source of data: our 2019 survey achieved over 10,000 responses making it the largest ever pan-neurological survey in England. The data caught the attention of both the national media, senior decision makers at NHS England and local commissioning bodies.
- We publish high quality, influential reports: For example, our 2017 report Parity of Esteem, outlining the distinct mental health needs of neurology patients, our 2018 report Going the Distance II making national calls to action for neurology and our 2019 reports Neuro Numbers highlighting the increasing prevalence of neurological conditions, and Neuro Patience our state of the national report on the patient experience survey findings. You can read our reports in the Resource Library.
- We are the go-to organisation for policy makers: As a credible, influential partner – and when necessary, critical friend – of NHS England and other parts of the NHS architecture, we have a seat at the table in all major national policy making forums for neurology, including the Neurosciences Clinical Reference Group and NICE Quality Standard Committee for Suspected Neurological Conditions in Primary Care.
In this section you can read more about the impact of our work.